Monday, May 16, 2011

I could almost...

This morning, I woke up early....well, early for me! It was about 7:15, and I decided to go for a walk. I quietly snuck out of bed and down the stairs, being careful not to wake any of my sleeping household. I got my shoes and headed out for an hour walk. Let me tell you, it was beautiful outside! There was still that early morning feel in the air. The birds were singing, the wind hadn't picked up yet (we've had crazy winds over the last few days here!), and it was quiet. In fact the only other person I saw for the first part of my walk was a farmer, heading out to his fields to work.

It's been so long since I've done something like that....oh wait, I probably never have! (I'm not much of a morning person!). But I have found myself lacking in the "quiet department". With 4 kids, homeschooling, running a business.... There's not much opportunity for quiet around here!

It was a great way to start my Sunday morning, just being alone. And quiet.

I had left a note for my family, since I knew that they'd be up before I got home, and I knew that they'd be wondering where the heck I was! When we were talking about my walk later on the in the day, I said to Art, "I could almost become a morning person!"  He couldn't actually believe those words came out of my mouth....

The Girls asked if they could come with me tomorrow. I actually contemplated it....for a second...and then I remembered. Quiet. Being still. That is the purpose for me to get away....from them. And it is good. And much overdue.

P.S. We got 3 eggs today...

No comments: