Friday, May 6, 2011

It Is Finished

I first wrote about our new project here and here.  However, I am happy to report that our work is done.  Here's our finished chicken coop...

 Doesn't it look cozy?!

 Here's where we're starting the chicks....
 ....and the chicken run
 Early this morning, we headed out to Westlock to pick up the chicks...
 Oh.  My.  Goodness.  They are so cute!
 I had picked up a box at Superstore for the hens, and thought it was funny that they have chip boxes that say "Fragile: Handle like eggs"
 Hannah got to hold the chickens all the way home.  She was a little bit freaked out at first, but it all ended up alright
 The Girls all took turns holding the chicks
 When we got home, we had to transfer the chicks to their new home.  Only 2 chicks were dropped in the process (oops!)
 Here are the hens, taking a look around their new digs.  I think they like it!
I keep peeking in on them to make sure they're settling in....I wonder how long until we're collecting eggs?!

So, there we have it.  Today, one of my dreams came true.  We are officially chicken farmers...well, kinda.  Hopefully we don't kill too many of them!

1 comment:

lindakatee said...

Can I put in my order for eggs? We purchase them in bulk ( from Costco) because I love my eggs.